Seven questions with Hermann du Plessis
This was first published in my weekly email. Sign up here.
Hermann du Plessis lives in Johannesburg, South Africa. He’s married to Adel and a father to Grace (who turns 4 in May). He works as a social entrepreneur and pastor.
1. What’s a book you’ve read – recently or otherwise – that has significantly affected how you see the world?
In the name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen
Strengthening the Soul of your Leadership by Ruth Haley Barton
The Last Arrow by Erwin McManus
2. What’s the biggest challenge or obstacle you’ve had to overcome in getting to where you are today?
Lack of resources. And then, with being a number 8 on the Enneagram, my reliance on self and my ego!
3. What aspect of your job is the most interesting?
Strategy – finding a way to execute the big plans!
4. What's a goal or dream you have that you haven't pursued yet?
Professional Speaker and EDM DJ.
5. What cause or issue are you personally passionate about at the moment?
Finding a way to get millennials involved in church. And finding a way to encourage leaders to embrace servant leadership.
6. What do you do when you’re in need of joy, peace, calm, or focus?
7. What's something that costs £20 ($25) or less that you think everyone should get?
A journal, for reflection!
Stay connected with Hermann
If you’d like to connect with Hermann, you’ll find him on Twitter.